Chelsea (16th) Vs Sunderland (19th): Our view is: Just when you thought the world couldn’t get any more ridicules, it does and this man is out of a Job!!! Mourinho parted company with Chelsea on Thursday by mutual consent after a disappointing start to his side’s Barclays Premier League title defense which garnered 15 points from 16 matches and leaves the Blues lying in 16th place in the table. Yes a poor start but hardly sack worth after coming off winning the league last term.
Anyway getting to the game, personally we feel Sunderland should lookout. We expect to see Chelsea players actually trying to win and playing for the top this week, now that the “special one” is no longer in charge. Oscar, Hazard, Pedro, Jovanovic you name them and boom they will play out of their skins this week. Sunderland slipped back to old habits last week, and by old habits we mean playing like ass!! Defoe isn’t 100% and they need to learn to defend balls coming in from the wide area. We are expecting a big response from the Blues, as is usual from a playing group after the manager gets the anus. Chelsea 5-1 Winners.
– Chelsea have won 18 and lost two of their last 21 Barclays Premier League matches against Sunderland.
– Jose Mourinho and Sam Allardyce have met 10 times in the BPL as opposition coaches, and the Portuguese is unbeaten (W7 D3 L0).
– Chelsea have lost four of their last seven league home matches. Prior to this run, Chelsea had lost just one of their 99 BPL home fixtures under Jose Mourinho.
– The only team to defeat Chelsea in their opening 99 top-flight home matches under Mourinho were Sunderland; 2-1 in April 2014.
– In four of the last five league meetings between Sunderland and Chelsea, the team who scored first ended up losing the match while the other ended 0-0.
– Loic Remy has scored three goals in four league appearances against the Black Cats.
– Sunderland have allowed their opponents a league-high 99 shots on target this season.
Everton (10th) Vs Leicester City (1st): Our view is: It is Foxa-mania!! Almost guaranteed top of the league at Xmas if they win here, the best striker in the land (at the moment) and the most in form midfielder running around. Claudio Ranieri’s team returned to the summit with an impressive 2-1 victory over defending champions Chelsea on Monday (the straw that broke the camels back). Jamie Vardy took his BPL tally this season to 15 with the opening goal, while Riyad Mahrez – who has been involved in 18 top-flight goals this season – also hit the back of the net as the Foxes extended their unbeaten run to nine matches. Hence the idea behind Foxa-mania. Everton on the other hand are going ok too. Lukaku is scoring for fun and they are moving the ball beautifully around the park, but are they good enough to stop the fox train (toot toot) We think not. Foxes 2-1 Winners
– Leicester City have won only one of their 18 Barclays Premier League meetings with Everton (W1 D13 L4) and none of the last 11 (W0 D9 L2).
– If Leicester win this match, they will be top of the league on Christmas Day. Five of the last six teams to have been leading on 25 December have gone on to win the title, with the exception being Liverpool in 2013/14.
– The Foxes are unbeaten in their last 11 BPL away matches, winning seven in that run. Their previous best unbeaten run on the road in the competition was four matches.
– Romelu Lukaku has scored in his last seven consecutive matches across all competitions for Everton.
– Since Lukaku’s BPL debut for Everton in September 2013, only Sergio Aguero (49) has more goals in the competition than the Belgian (37).
– Riyad Mahrez has been involved in 18 goals in the league this term (11 goals, seven assists); more than any other player. Jamie Vardy is next with 17 (15 goals, two assists).
– Only Borussia Dortmund’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (18) has netted more goals in Europe’s top five leagues this season than Jamie Vardy (15) ahead of this weekend.
Manchester United (4th) Vs Norwich City (18th): Our view is: Is this the beginning of the managerial culling season? With Jose already gone, will LVG be next on the block? Unbelievably United are still 4th in the league, however they are playing a team nobody has ever heard of in the first round of the Europa League, haven’t won in a league game in 2 weeks and look as steady as Australia’s political leaders. We sense trouble in the force (voice of Yoda). Norwich, on the same side of the coin haven’t done much either in the past month. They are winless and look to be treading serious water. We see this one being a hum dinger (sarcastic). Look for John Rudy committing yet another calamity or ex-player of the month Anthony Martial, missing a guilt edge chance in the first 10mins, resulting in him fading away as the game wears on. United 1-0 winners
– Manchester United have kept six clean sheets in their last seven Barclays Premier League matches at Old Trafford.
– Norwich City have won just one of their last 19 BPL away fixtures (W1 D5 L13).
– Juan Mata has scored four goals in six league appearances against Norwich.
– Norwich have lost 11 and won two of their 14 BPL meetings with Man Utd.
– United have won 10 and lost just one of their last 15 top-flight matches at Old Trafford.
– Wayne Rooney has netted three goals and provided three assists in four league outings against the Canaries.
– Rooney’s next appearance for Man Utd will be his 500th for the club – only nine players have reached this landmark for the Red Devils.
– This match pits the team with the most clean sheets in the league this season (Man Utd – nine) against the team with the fewest (Norwich – one).
Southampton (12th) Vs Tottenham (5th): Our view is: On paper 2 teams that are quite evenly matched teams, but recent form suggests a gap is starting to appear. Southampton need a spark, they’re missing something, Sarà la vera Pelle Graziano si prega di alzarsi in piedi (that’s Italian for will the real Graziano Pelle please stand up)!!!! Southampton are missing the aerial threat of the big Italian and we are missing his awesome interplay. If he fires, they fire!!! Spurs on the otherhand a swimming along quite ok, they are coming off only their 2nd loss of the season and will be looking to get back to winning ways. We say 2-2 Draw.
– Tottenham Hotspur are unbeaten in their last six Barclays Premier League matches against Southampton, winning five of those.
– Saints have taken the lead in three of their last four league meetings with Spurs, losing two and drawing one of those three matches.
– Christian Eriksen has scored three goals in his last three BPL appearances against Southampton.
– Spurs are unbeaten in their last six away matches in the top flight, winning two and drawing four.
– Mauricio Pochettino’s side have lost a league-high 11 points from winning positions this season.
– Of players to have scored at least four goals for Spurs in the BPL, Harry Kane (32 goals) has the best minutes per goal ratio (140 mins per goal).
– Of all English players to have scored 15+ goals in the Premier League, only Daniel Sturridge (goal every 140 mins) has a better mins per goal ratio than Harry Kane (goal every 144 mins for Spurs and Norwich City combined).
Stoke City (11th) Vs Crystal Palace (6th): Our view is: Stoke City should not to rest on their laurels as they prepare to welcome away-day specialists Crystal Palace to the Britannia Stadium on Saturday. Stoke have picked up 10 points from their last five Barclays Premier League matches, with their only defeat in that run of matches coming at the hands of Sunderland. However, since the 2-0 reverse at the Stadium of Light on 28 November, Mark Hughes’ side have kept three successive clean sheets in all competitions and seven in their last nine league outings. Now Stoke face opponents who have picked up 13 points in seven fixtures on their travels this season, including recording impressive league wins at Chelsea and Liverpool. These are 2 teams that can produce silk and scour so god only knows how this one will end up, 2 teams who’s best and worst is far to far apart, but on their day can do anything!!!! We say 1-1 Draw.
– The side scoring first has won once in the four previous Barclays Premier League meetings between Stoke City and Crystal Palace.
– Yohan Cabaye has netted four goals in four league appearances against Stoke.
– Crystal Palace have won 10 of their last 15 away matches in the top flight (D1 L4).
– Since Alan Pardew;s first match as Crystal Palace manager on 10 January, the Eagles have won 10 BPL away matches. Only Arsenal have collected more (12) in this period.
– The Potters have kept seven clean sheets in their last nine league matches.
– Crystal Palace are the only side to have not been behind at half-time in a BPL match this season (winning three and drawing 13 at the interval).
– Wilfried Zaha has embarked on a league-high 111 dribbles this season and has managed 10+ dribbles in six different matches in 2015/16 so far.
West Brom (13th) Vs AFC Bournemouth (14th): Our view is: A resurgent AFC Bournemouth arrive at The Hawthorns on Saturday bidding to continue the upturn in fortunes that has delivered a timely boost to the club’s Barclays Premier League survival hopes. An eight-point haul from the past four matches has doubled the side’s tally and lifted them out of the relegation places ahead of the match with West Bromwich Albion. The points have been won in dramatic fashion. Having battled from 2-0 and then 3-2 down at home against Everton, Junior Stanislas’ 98th-minute leveller earned a 3-3 draw before AFC Bournemouth recorded back-to-back wins over Chelsea and Manchester United. Let’s hope those huge wins do not lead to a huge letdown loss against West Brom. However a different challenge awaits West Brom, who themselves are unbeaten in their last four league outings. Tony Pulis’s team have drawn three in a row since beating Arsenal 2-1 on November 21, although West Brom were only denied a win at Anfield last Sunday by an stoppage-time equaliser from Liverpool substitute Divock Origi. We see a great end to end game here, maybe even some goals with the help of crap defending 🙂 The Cherrys win 2-1
– West Bromwich Albion have won just three of their last 12 Barclays Premier League home matches (W3 D3 L6).
– West Brom and AFC Bournemouth have not met in the league since 1992/93, when the Baggies won both fixtures in the third tier of English football.
– The last meeting between these two sides in any competition came in last season’s League Cup, when the Cherries won 2-1.
– AFC Bournemouth have not won away at West Brom in six visits across all competitions (W0 D2 L4).
– Of current BPL clubs, West Brom have the worst record in December; winning just 10 of their 50 matches in the month and averaging 0.86 points per fixture.
– Tony Pulis’ next defeat will be his 100th in the BPL. Only 14 managers have reached this tally in the competition.
Newcastle (15th) Vs Aston Villa (20th): Our view is: A run of one win from their opening 12 matches of the BPL campaign had left Newcastle staring at the prospect of a grim battle to avoid the drop. Steve McClaren’s men have taken significant steps in the right direction in recent weeks, recording three victories in their previous five outings, including successive wins at home to Liverpool and away to Spurs last time out. Newcastle trailed going into the closing stages of the match at White Hart Lane last week, only to come away with three potentially vital points thanks to an Aleksandar Mitrovic equaliser and Ayoze Perez’s last-minute winner. Aston Villa however are planning for life in the Champo. They’re last and will be staying there, start selling boys you’ll need the money for the car ride home. IN the words of that British twat James Blunt, goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend nah nah nah nah…. Newcastle 2-0 Winners
– Newcastle United are unbeaten in their last eight Barclays Premier League matches against Aston Villa (W5 D3).
– Aston Villa have won none of their last nine league visits to St James’ Park (D3 L6).
– The Villans have failed to score in any of the last three top-flight matches against the Magpies.
– Since beating Aston Villa 1-0 last February, Newcastle have won three of their 14 league home matches (W3 D4 L7).
– Aston Villa have won none and lost six of their last seven BPL away matches, though that draw did come last time out on the road against Southampton.
– All seven of Georginio Wijnaldum’s Barclays Premier League goals this season have come at home. Only Jamie Vardy (eight) has scored more home goals in the opening 16 matchweeks of 2015/16 (Sergio Aguero also has seven home goals).
– Idrissa Gueye has made more passes (693), tackles (41) and interceptions (46) than any other Aston Villa player in the league this season.